Turning Your New Years Resolution to an All year Resolution!!!
Posted on January 27 2014
If you are one of those individuals who set a new years resolution earlier this month, you should be well on your to crushing that goal...or are you?
First thing is first...I don’t believe in New Years Resolutions. I believe in ALL YEAR RESOLUTIONS! New Years Resolutions don’t last but All Year resolutions do!
Most often than not, New Years resolutions start out with great intentions! Turning your lifestyle back into a healthy one after all the indulgence of the holiday treats but after a few months those intentions fade away. The biggest reason for the drop off is simple...motivation! It’s tough to get motivated to when the gym is just ridiculously packed and you’re still catching up on work from the holidays. So how do you stay motivated and reach those goals you set for yourself?
1) Visualization. This is the biggest and best tool to stay motivated. Picture the body you want or to be the athlete you want to be. Visualize yourself in the best shape of your life. Visualize the hard work you are putting in. If you want to train hard, you’re going to have to train your mind even harder!!
2) Avoid the rush! If possible, go to the gym at the down times (if there is such a thing). If you work a 9 to 5 job, go before work because more often than not, the gym is a zoo at 5:00-8:00 pm.
3) Do exercises you enjoy doing! You are more likely to stop working out if you don’t enjoy the exercises then if you do. Don’t do the workouts you feel you “have” to do the workout you “want” to do...and do it with intensity!
4) Set small goals for a full year! It you want to lose 10 pounds, do it in a month then set a goal of running 5 km by March and so on. This will keep your goals and maintain your results all year rather than 2 months!!
5) Make it a routine. Make your workouts and your clean eating a routine and book them into your busy schedule. Make time for the gym and for your meals! If you had a something important to do wouldn’t you schedule it in? Well there is nothing more important that your health and well being right?
Remember, your journey to your ALL YEAR RESOLUTION is fun! Enjoy the ride and everything that comes along with it. Nothing better than saying “YES I conquered that goal...I cannot wait for the next one!’’